1. Shake thoroughly before applying, as the solution settles. May also be water-diluted
to desired consistency of medium to heavy cream.
2. Application: brush or dip SilkeMat™ both sides. It is not necessary to completely
soak through for a firm mold.
3. Position on a non-porous model or form as desired, or hand-manipulated into shape.
Spray model first with light vegetable oil to avoid SilkeMat sticking when drying
on the form.
4. For slumping molds, you may saturate only one side of the mold and leave the interior
soft for a gentle texture on the glass. No separator is needed.Gloves
are recommended while working with wet rigidizer.
3. Recommended: Allow to air dry. Or, set the mold into a warm kiln at about 200-250F
to gently dry. Make sure the form you are using can withstand that temperature without
warping or melting. NOTE: REMOVE FROM MODEL BEFORE FIRING.
Keep fiber or as undisturbed as possible to avoid warping when drying.
4. When sufficiently dry to handle easily, cure in a VENTED kiln at (AFAP) to 1450
for 20-30 minutes to fully cure.
Some odor may be evident, but is not harmful. SilkeMat™ will now be in rigid form
and ready to use.
5. Kiln wash or a high-temp boron nitride coating may be applied as a separator,
and dried again as directed by the manufacturer. However, for most molds this is
an unnecessary step.
7. When dried, SilkeMat™ may be sanded for some smoothness, but a facemask is highly
recommended to eliminate inhalation of dry silica particles.
8. Holes and/or slots may be drilled or cut into the dry rigid SilkeMat™ form for
pot melts. Again, a good dust mask or respirator is recommended.
9. Rigid molds may be used several times with care. A small amount of fiber may stick
to the glass after each firing, but is usually easily removed with a stiff brush.
9. Store at room temperature.
10. This product is non-flammableand non-hazardous in liquid form.
PLEASE NOTE: INTERNATIONAL ORDERS WILL REQUIRE EXTRA SHIPPING CHARGES TO BE ADDED.
NOTE: 1 quart of Rigidizer will cover about 2 square feet of SilkeMat.