1. Shake thoroughly before applying, as the solution settles. May also be water-diluted
to desired consistency of medium to heavy cream.
2. Application: brush, roll, or dip SilkeMat™ to saturate both sides. For best results,
especially for large molds, place the SilkeMat™ blanket in a waterproof container
and allow the Rigidizer to soak through completely. For complete saturation and a
harder mold, do not squeeze out excess. Position on a non-porous mold or form as
desired, or hand-manipulated into shape. Optional Method: Only saturate one side
of the mold and leave the interior soft for slumping molds.
Gloves are recommended while working with wet rigidizer.
3. Allow to air dry and/or:
4. You may dry in kiln set at (AFAP) 1450F for 30 minutes to completely set. This
method is best for simple or small molds. NOTE: REMOVE FROM MODEL BEFORE FIRING.
Keep vent open for moisture to escape. Some odor may be evident, but is not harmful.
SilkeMat™ will now be in rigid form and ready to use.
5. Kiln wash or ZYP boron nitride coating may be applied as a separator, and dry
again as directed by the manufacturer. However, for most molds this is an unnecessary
6. Keep fiber or mold as undisturbed as possible since it is prone to warping upon
7. When dried, SilkeMat™ may be sanded for some smoothness, but a facemask is highly
recommended to eliminate inhalation of dry silica particles.
8. Holes and/or slots may be drilled or cut into the dry rigid SilkeMat™ form for
pot melts. Again, a good dust mask or respirator is recommended.
9. Store at room temperature.
10. This product is non-flammableand non-hazardous in liquid form.